Pages

Prawn Tom Yam

My all time favorite food. Never fail to satisfy me. Sour-spicy soup with herbs fragrance. Yummeh!
This food is originating from Thailand.  Bff has fall in love with Ms Tomyam once that he could eat it everyday before, but pity he cannot eat it anymore because the spiciness will give problem to his stomach :o(
In my experience, this is the only Malay food that can be easily accepted by Persians compared to other foods. They prefer chicken tomyam because Persians do not eat seafood much.
Let me share my way of cooking prawn tomyam.



Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp tomyam paste
- 2 cm ginger*
- 1 cm galangal*
- 2 large onions*
- 3 garlics*
- 15 bird eye chillies*
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- salt & sugar
- 1 kg prawns
- 2 tomatoes cut into 4
*slice

Methods:
1. Boil 1 liter water
2. Put in all sliced ingredients with tomyam paste.
3. When boil, add prawns, tomatoes, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, salt and sugar to taste.
4. Once the prawns turn red, turn off fire and put coriander leaves on top. Serve.

Heaven. More heaven to eat during cold day (raining). This is the food I will request if I get fever because it will open my blocked nose and I will get back my appetite. Try it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment