Pages

Shabe Yalda Mobarak

Was packed with end year lots of works. That's why I didn't update this blog. But then, I still keep memories of every events I had during these days and now I will share another Persian celebration. Its kinda interesting for me because we Malays do not have any special 1 night cultural celebration.

21st December is the last day of autumn. It is the longest night of year. Persian called it "Shabe Yalda".
They have tradition to celebrate this special night. Reading poems, singing, or playing games until midnight.
Foods that normally served are watermelon, pomegranate, nuts and dried fruits to accompany the occasions.

At the morning I bought watermelon and refrigerated it because bff doesn't eat not chilled fruits. What a fussy man bleahh!! Was thinking to make a shirni (sweets) specially for Shabe Yalda, but wasn't had enough time. Maybe next year.

And this was what we had for our Shabe-Yalda.


Didn't do the rituals of read poetry until late night because was busy with work loads. But at least, I tried to create a Shabe-Yalda moment for bff as he is far away from Iran. Hope, he likes it. Till then, bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment