Pages

A place called kampung

Today is Chinese New Year, the second largest cultural celebration in Malaysia I think after Hari Raya. Celebration means holiday and this time is longer as it falls on Monday, so Monday and Tuesday plus Saturday and Sunday before are holidays. School also close for a week and parents take this opportunity to extend their holidays for a week normally. And for me, even I don't attend any class for this semester, I also infer myself as having holidays because I go back kampung (hometown). 

There's nothing more bliss than living at home you grew up. As my home is at village, the sounds of crickets at night, chirps of birds at morning, crows of chickens and mosquitoes bites are all bliss of life. No need air-con for night sleep. I can pluck vegetables nearby and straight to the pot. Want exercise? Just go outside and cut grass or sweep the dried leaves. And that was what I did every afternoon at kampung. Smile is always on my mum's face as she no need to cook, wash dishes, do laundry and home is always neat inside and outside. See? I am a good daughter right?

How I wish I can stay at kampung everyday. But my duty need me to be away. Luckily my kampung is not too far and I can go back every week. My kampung is always in my heart..

p/s: i will miss bff while i am at kampung

0 comments:

Post a Comment