Pages

Unfindable Gaps

It has been 4 months since I started my  intensive research for my phd. Apart from weekly meeting with Mr.supervisor, this semester I am attending research methodology class. One word that can make me vomit for hearing or seeing the spelling is "research gap". It is repeatedly being discussed in my everyday life. Wake up in the morning with a mission to find a gap. If failed, it will continue the next day until I find at least one! Hell ya, it's very stressful life because no phd without gap or gap is a phd. Whatever.

It's not an easy work. I need to read and read like reading monster. But still I haven't find any! The question is until when should I search for it? Are all phd candidates in this world have to have this in their research? Or only my faculty? It doesn't make sense. How many researchers in this world? How we can find a gap that hasn't been filled by other researcher? Can't I do something just empirical but interesting? I really don't understand why they have this kind of requirements.

Thinking of research and my progress really make me sick. I hate research! Hate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment