Pages

Reading Lolita in Tehran



Finally after 1 and half month I finished reading this 380 pages book. Overall I am satisfied with the content and story line. This is the first time I read a book related to literature. It's a bit hard for me as I never knew about Lolita or Darcy or James etc...Azar Nafisi combined and mix everything very well. The story is during Iran's Islamic revolution, Iran - Iraq war and post war. It shows how Iranian most of the time the author herself and her students adapting and behaved to the changes by relating it to English literature books. So today I'm going to read new book that I just bought, Honeymoon in Tehran by Azadeh Moaveni. Will blog about it later! 

Update October 2014: I saw this book on sale  RM12.00 at Popular while I bought it at RM74++ at Kinokuniya!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment