Pages

Udang Masak Lemak dengan Labu (Prawn Cook in Coconut Milk with Pumpkin)


My favorite seafood is prawn. I cooked this recipe last week for my Iftar for Isra' Mikraj fast. My mom gave a small pumpkin when I went back kampung. Half I made bubur labu (pumpkin porridge) which I will share later. Here, is the recipe for prawn:

Ingredients:
~ Pumpkin
~ Half kg prawn
~ Half inch ginger*
~ 1 lemon grass - flatten the root
~ 1 medium onion*
~ 2 garlics*
~ 2 bird eye chillies*
~ 5 anchovies*
~ 1/2 tsp turmeric
~ 1 turmeric leaf
~ some coconut milk
~ water

*pound well

Methods:
~ Heat some oil in pan, stir the pounded mixture, turmeric and lemon grass until the aroma rise
~ Pour some water, bring to boil, add the pumpkin
~ When the pumpkin soft, add prawn, coconut milk and turmeric leaf
~ Adjust the taste with salt and sugar

0 comments:

Post a Comment