Pages

Orange & Yogurt Cake (Portogal va Mast Cake)


The idea of baking this cake came when there are  2 cups of yogurt left in fridge. Bff is a fan of yogurt, so do other Iranians but not me. I eat only fruity yogurt. But the other day I bought different type of yogurt for him which has a slightly sweet taste and he did not like it. So, before it expire better i turn it to something that is eatable.

After surfing to some recipes, i end up with recipe from Mrs Hana. Let me share it here.

Ingredients:
~ 220g self raising flour @ flour + 2 tsp baking powder
~ 190g sugar
~ 180g plain yogurt
~ 3 eggs - separate white and yolk
~ 60ml orange juice
~ 1 tsp grated orange skin
~ yellow food coloring

Methods:
~ Beat white eggs until soft peak, put aside
~ Beat butter and sugar until white, add egg yolks
~ Add in grated orange, juice, yogurt and flour, mix well
~ Mix the 2 mixture
~ Bake in oven 190 degree, 50 minutes

p/s: I love to watch bff munching any cake I bake. Normally he will eat it for breakfast and 5 o'clock tea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment