Pages

Aidiladha.Hari raya korban

This is a late entry for Aidiladha. How was your eid? Mine was great. My faraway sis came back with 4 naughty-thunderstorm-children-who-make-my-blood-up-high. Sigh..We at down-south Malaysia do not celebrate Aidiladha like people at northern and east coast Malaysia. We celebrate it simpler than Aidilfitri and only for a day.

But still, there were lots of foods which turned my belly like panda's. :) Early morning (7 is early for me) I woke up  and cooked Rendang Ayam Kelantan (recipe from Kak Jee) which finished before 12 p.m (as my niece & nephew and brother & mom were starving after came back from mosque). It was very delicious and easy to prepare compare to normal rendang which I used to cook. Also I cooked sambal goreng jawa and ayam masak jawa. These 2 dishes are compulsory every Aidilfitri & Aidiladha in my house. Eating activity continued when my sisters and some neighbors brought foods from their houses. We called this as "munjung" in java language which means giving foods to other house during celebaration. When we receive food, we will give back our  food to that person. So, imagine how much foods in the kitchen and how I can control to not look at it? Then after Dzuhur, my mom decided to make pecal, her signature dish. Oh my god! again eat. For Aidiladha, we normally received meat from "Korban" at our area. So, at night my big nephew cooked sup tulang which turned the house on fire because it was hot and spicy!! See, how many food I've consumed in just one day. Once in a while Ok right??

So, apart from understanding the meaning of Aidiladha celebration, this day also become the day to unite families. Inshallah, my dream is to send my mom to Hajj so she can celebrate Aidiladha at Mecca as she really dream of it.

My mom's signature - Pecal

1 comments:

CheikaZulikha said... [Reply]

waaa.feveret nih...hehehe..klu minta resepi agak2 mak ko bg x??hihi

Post a Comment