Pages

Instant Bubur Lambuk @ Bubur Asyura (Porridge) on 10 Muharram

Back at hometown, mum is cooking this special dish to take to mosque for asyura ceremony tonight. The porridge is specially cooked on 10 Muharram. I don't know the history of this dish but what I know is, I love bubur lambuk so much. I think we have different methods of cooking bubur lambuk. One time i ate Kedah style bubur lambuk which is brown color and texture like pudding. But the one I always eat is white..Whatever  it is, while my mouth drooling for this porridge, let me share the instant method to cook bubur lambuk, my way..This entry is special to my Indonesian friend, Nani who may try it at her lonely room at Aceh :-)


Ingredients:
~ Some meat, slice
~ A handful of rice
~ 1 cup coconut milk
~ 1 salted egg
~ 1 Cinnamon stick
~ 4 Shallots, slice
~ 4 garlic cloves, slice
~ 1/2 inch ginger, slice
~ Cilantro for garnish
~ Oil

Methods
~ Boil and simmer rice with meat until form a porridge texture and meat is tender
~ Add in some coconut milk
~ Crack in salted egg
~ In other pan, fry shallot, garlic, ginger and cinnamon stick and add to the porridge
~ Ready to be served with some fresh cilantro

0 comments:

Post a Comment