Pages

Salad Olivieh: A fast food in fridge

There is a newly open middle eastern groceries shop nearby and I am so happy because I can restock my khiarshu (pickle cucumber) whenever I want. No need to wait for next trip to KL anymore :-) Yes, there are many of pickle cucumber at Jusco or Cold Storage but it is not same like Yek-O-Yek brand (Iranian brand with slightly spicy taste). So, every time I have khiarshu in my fridge I will make salad olivieh. This salad can be my fast food whenever I am hungry in between meals. Normally I will make for dinner and the leftover will be in fridge for 1-2 days depends on my consumption. Let see how I make it! Previous post about salad olivieh.


Ingredients:
~ 2 large potatoes, boil and mashed
~ 2 size A eggs, hard boil and mash
~ 6 fillet of chicken, boil with 1 chopped medium onion, salt & 1 bay leaf until soft. Then mash with fingers to form a small slices of meat.
~ A handful of khiarshu, coarsely grated
~ 5 tbsp of mayonnaise
~ 1 tsp of olive oil
~ Juice of 1 lime
~ Salt & pepper to taste

Method
~ Mix everything in a bowl, chill in fridge, serve with any type of breads you like. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment