Pages

Nowruz Celebration at UTM

The Iranian Student Society of UTM organized Nowruz celebration this year. Started at 430 pm but we arrived just before the countdown. Friends from Singapore joined us. We had quite a great time despite the boring event arrangement. Not worth the ticket price. I spent most of my times talking to bache (kids) that playing around. They were just excited to speak Farsi with me. One girl shout at me. "Chera to Malayi??!!! Chera Irani nistti??!!!" (Whay you are malay, not Iranian?) One girl said why you are kind to Iranian, why you like Iran? She said most of her dad's friend said Iran is bad for having nuclear and such drug trafficking. Another girl very eager to say that she knows malay language, came to me and count satu, dua, tiga...terima kasih..even before I went back, she came again with her dad to say that she really can speak Malay and attend very good school here and her teachers love her. So cute!! One boy keep on telling me to watch Iranian cartoon (barnameh koodaki) at Youtube and told me all the cartoons he knows. Then it was so touching when he said "man kheili dustaram eid to Iran hastam" (I like to celebrate Nowruz in Iran) "in kafsh jaize nowruz ke ghablan az Iran kharidam, negaredashtam baraye Nowruz" (I bought this shoes from Iran for Nowruz present and I keep it until today). It reflects my mind to bff which until now 7 years did not celebrate it at Iran. I hope he will next year. Inshallah..When I wanted to go I said khoda hafez to him and he said "khaleh waissa!! maman in khanoom malayi hast vali farsi harf mizane" (aunty wait, mom she is malay but can speak farsi). A girl gave me a cup of cappuchino from the available coffee machine and said "khaleh in baraye shoma chon ma doostim" (aunty, this is for you because we are friends). In such I was overwhelmed to get to know these kids because they were so cute and entertaining and kind in their ages. Also in this jashne (ceremony) I met some Iranian that I know and be able to wish "Eyde shoma mobarak" or "Sale No Mobarak (Happy New Year). All in all, I am very grateful for this wonderful memory which I wont get it elsewhere if I never met bff 6 years ago..



This parche (flag) given by the kids. They said for Nowruz jaizeh (gift). But I forget to take it home:(

Sofreh 7 Seen at UTM..




0 comments:

Post a Comment