Pages

Chahar Shanbeh Soori 1st Round

Hoooraaaahhh!!! New year is coming..Eyd dare miyad..How time flies..one year had passed, meaning I am a year older :( This year will be the 6th year I'm celebrating Nowruz. I still remember last year I was in Korea during Nowruz. I thought this year I wouldn't celebrate Nowruz with bff coz he wanted to be in Iran..but nope! this year he's here!!! So another celebration together..

But..this year there's a bit confusion about the date. As far as I remember, for the past 5 years Nowruz was celebrated on 21st March. But this year, there are 2 different of thoughts. Some said on 21st March some said on 20th March. Not only here in Malaysia, but maman said in Iran also they've confusing about this.There is a method to determine the hours and date of Nowruz, something like if Nowruz fall on before Zohr (afternoon) it will be celebrated on the day before but if it is after Zohr, it will be celebrated on the next day, which I am not sure and do not understand. The confusion also affect the celebration of Chahar Shanbeh Soori. Because Nowruz will fall on 20th March this year which is on Wednesday, they celebrated 4shanbehsoori last night as the last Wednesday night of the year. For past year 4shanbehsoori. There was a celebration last night but I did not go. Whatever it is, Eid still coming...and of course there are lots of preparations to be done..even I am not Persian but because bff is here, I need to create eid ambiance to make sure he is not missing the happiness of Nowruz even the thesis already kill "our" mood. 

As usual, the preparations including khune tekooni which literally massive cleaning of house. Then, this year I tried to grow sabzeh which I think I started too late. I hope the sabzeh will grow green on the day of Nowruz. I'll share the Chronicle Story of Sabzeh on other post. Plans for Nowruz foods which is Sabzi Polow. Of course sofreh 7 seen. I'll share it later.. Not too much but I hope this year Nowruz will give us happiness. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment