Pages

Me---FOODS---Bff How we deal to our different appetite

Last week I had a dinner at KFC with bff. After arguing about where to eat (as always), we always end up at KFC. And of course that is his choice! I realized that the most unique moment between me and bff is during time to eat. Every time, without fail we argued about where to eat, what to eat. Sometimes I found this as fun and challenging, just like I have to fight for my right. I don't know whether this thing happened to other mix-culture couples or not. But for us, yes! Because we are in "my region", I have many choices to eat. I have my favorite foods, easy to find and cheap. But for him, less choice and most of them expensive. It's not that I am a cheapo but I can't stand to eat middle eastern food regularly. The portion is too large for me, when I can't finish it would be a waste and therefore I'll eat all and results in my weight! It's a different story if I cooked it by myself. Once in a while is ok for me. Then, bff couldnt eat much Malay or fusion foods. The only "Asian" food that he never say no is tomyam and of course less spicy. Our arguments would be like this:

Me: Nahar koja berim? (Where to have lunch?)
Bff: Har koja dustari. (anywhere you like)
Me: Ok. Berim X (malay foods) (ok. lets go x)
Bff: Na...unja dusnadaram, shulughe (No, I dont like there, too crowd)
Me: Pas, to begu koja (Then, you tell me where)
Bff: Berim Y (Persian foods) (Lets go y)
Me: with a bored face..??na..unja dusnadaram, ghaza irani nemikham emruz (no..i dont like there, i dont want iranin food today)
Bff: E! (get angry) khob age injuri berim KFC (if like this lets go KFC)
Me: Have to accept..Ok..

OR

Bff: Sham koja berim? (Where to have dinner?)
Me; Berim Y (persian foods) (lets go y)
Bff: Na..to dusnadari, bekhatere man gofti (No, you dont like, you said that because of me)
Me: Na, vaghan ghaza irani mikham. mirza ghasemi mikhoram (No, seriously i want iranian foods, i'll eat mirza ghasemi) (actually yes, i said because of him, and mirza ghasemi is the simplest food less carbohidrat and fat-coz im on diet :)
Bff: Na, berim X (malay foods) (No, lets go x)
Me: Na..to dusnadari, bekhatere man gofti (No, you dont like, you said that because of me)
Bff: E! (get angry) khob age injuri berim KFC (if like this lets go KFC)
Me: Have to accept..Ok..

See..we always end up at KFC which make me sick! Lately I choose 1 piece chicken only coz I cant take it anymore (mind the calories). Bff realized this. And our arguments gets longer like this recently:

.......

Bff: E! (get angry) khob age injuri berim KFC (if like this lets go KFC)
Me: Have to accept..Ok..
Bff: Na..dusnadari KFC. Berim Z (24hrs mamak restaurant). Man emshab kheili delam KFC mikhad vali bekhatere to nemirim (with pity voice) (No..you dont like KFC. Lets go Z. Actually I really want KFC tonight but because of you, we dont go)
Me: pfttttt............

Like seriously, I dont know when we will have the same taste buds for foods. I think never! Because I am a MALAY and he is a PERSIAN!! FULLSTOP.




0 comments:

Post a Comment