Pages

Nasi Lemak

Nasi lemak is one of Malaysia's signature dish. I believe everyMalaysians regardless ethnicity or religion must have had this wonderful fragrant nasi lemak at least once, and must be more than one =) In the past nasi lemak is considered as breakfast menu but nowadays it is eaten for all time from morning till midnight. Even the origin is from Malays (I think), you can find nasi lemak in the menu of Chinese and Indian restaurant too! Thus, I think I can label nasi lemak as 1Malaysia menu =)

But....beware of the calories consumption! It is very high in calories and fat as it include several side dishes including sambal, fried egg, fried anchovies, fried peanut, fried chicken and anything fried that you want to. Plus people now like to improvise it by including other side dishes. Dont forget that the rice is cooked with coconut milk, addition to the fat! No problem..for me its ok if we eat nasi lemak once in a while, just workout more after that T__T..

By the way, for me normally I only eat home cooked nasi lemak. Either my mom cooked it or myself. Last night I was craving for nasi lemak. So I made it. Check out my ways of cooking nasi lemak.


For sambal (spicy sauce):
~ 20 stalks of dried red chillies*
~ 2 medium onions*
~ 5 garlic cloves*
~ 1 inch ginger*
~ 1 cm fresh turmeric*
~ half inch of shrimp paste*
~ a handful of anchovies
~ 2 tbsp tamarind juice

Methods:
1. Blend all *.
2. Heat some oil in a pan, fry the blended ingredients until cooked. You know it is cooked once the oil come out to the surface and the mixture turned dark red.
3. Add anchovies and tamarind juice.
4. Season with salt, sugar and msg.

For rice:
~ 2 cups of rice
~ 3 cups of coconut milk
~ 1 medium onion
~ 1 inch ginger
~ 1 pandan leaf
~ 1 lemon grass bruised

Methods:
1. Heat some oil, fry onion, ginger, pandan leaf and lemon grass until the aroma arise.
2. Add in the coconut oil.Let it boil, add some salt and transfer to rice cooker along with the rice.

Other side dish;
This time I made Fried chicken, papadom, fried edd, cucumber and tomato slices.

Have a fat day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment