Pages

Khoreshte Bamieh - Okra/Lady Fingers Stew

Okra is one of my favourite vegetables. Unfortunately it is not for bff. After almost 5 years, the last time we went to PG cafe, I ordered khoreshte bamieh (because was on lunch offer)and tasted it for the first time. As a fan of okra, of course I love the khoresht. Normally I dont like khoresht at restaurant because they used too much limoo amani which make it tastes too sour. But then, at PG cafe, the khoresht is so khosmazas that I came for another visit for that.

Khoreshte Bamieh dar PG Cafe - Forget my diet every time I eat here :)

After 2 months, I am craving for it again but bff is not here to accompany me to the restaurant. I just dont like to go to any Iranian restaurant alone. Therefore, I tried to make the khoresht by myself.


Ingredients:
~ Stew meet
~ 1 large onion, diced
~ 5 garlic cloves, finely diced
~ 2 tbsp tomato paste
~ 1 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
~ Okra
~ Juice of 1 lime
~ 1 tsp turmeric powder
~ Water
~ Salt and pepper
~ Oil

Methods:
1. Heat some oil and fry onion with garlic until translucent. Sprinkle turmeric and pepper. 
2. Add in meat. Fry until both sides brown. Add in the tomato paste and diced tomato.
3. Pour water, let it boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. In a pan, heat some oil and fry the okra for about 5 minutes until wilted.
5. Add the okra into the stew and simmer for another 30 minutes, until both meat and okra soft. I likethe okra to be super soft which falls apart, just like at the restaurant.
6. 10 minutes before finish, add in lime juice and taste with salt. 

Serve with Persian rice and some pickles. Yummy...




0 comments:

Post a Comment