Pages

Chahar shanbeh soori 2012

Chahar shanbeh soori is celebrated on the last wednesday of the year,before nowruz. Persians will jump on a bonfire. It is a symbol of burning of the 'yellows' or bad things happened on the year and hopefully we will start the new year clean. They also sing and dance as a pre celebration of nowruz.

I attended 2 different chahar shanbeh soori events this year. One at singapore n another one at jb.

Just a simple celebration at spore. We were there for about 30 mins and we went to jb to see how they celebrate there.

What a big celebration at jb. A crowd of iranians were dancing until 12am. Not to mention the drunks! I was a bit shocked because it's like im in an open club!! I'm not sure if this is the really right way of celebrating chahar shanbeh soori. I think persians need to go back to the history why they are celebrating chahar shanbeh soori. Its for culture sake not self-satisfaction.

All in all, that night i had fun meeting my friends, especially my bahal(great) dorna. And we jumped together twice. I hope my new year will start with all brand new good things and leave the bad ones...
At JB
At Singapore

0 comments:

Post a Comment