Pages

Befarmaeed sham...Gheymeh (Meat & Split Peas Stew)

I watched Befarmaeed Sham series, a Persian-UK cooking-competition tv show between 4 Iranians at UK which the winner will get $1000. Before this I watched the same style tv show, Come Dine With Me if I'm not mistaken on channel TLC (my favorite channel). When I knew about Befarmaeed Sham, I really like it not only because I can learn Persian recipes but sometime the secret methods to make foods better. Like today I watched episode 41 and the last contestant said, to make berenj (rice) fluffier and whiter, add some lime juice when the rice is boiling before rinse it. I love to watch these kind of shows, it is informative and useful for me. And after watching it, I kind of realize it also improve my Farsi proficiency as I can understand what they are talking because no subtitles included. Another show that I can share is Press TV cooking show. It is in English and the recipes are easy to follow.

Befarmaeed Sham -ManotoTV

Press TV Cooking Show

So after watching the shows, of course delam mikhad ghaza irani bokhoram (I want to eat Iranian foods). I have a bunch of split peas from Iran. So, I decided to use it for tonight sham (dinner) - Khoreshte Gheymeh. For recipe go here. But this time I omit cinnamon powder and lime juice and add 1 tbsp more of tomato paste.

This is the result...have a great sham..

0 comments:

Post a Comment