Pages

Spicy Crab in Coconut Milk (Tond Karchang ba Shir Nargil) with pegaga leaves


Wahh..this dish has a unique name is Persian language. Correct me if I translated it wrongly. In Malay it's called Masak Lemak Cili Api Ketam. For a long time I'm craving to eat crabs. But you know, it is not appropriate to eat crabs in a crowd because you need to use your 10 fingers to suck all meat from the shell. So I bought the crabs for RM14.90/kg and eat it until the last meat with my niece and nephew. What a satisfaction! The meat was so juicy. Tips from my mom: to get a full meat crab with roe, make sure you buy crabs during full moon. I'm not sure the logic behind that but it is true because now is a full moon time, and I bought full meat crabs! Coincidence...

Ingredients:
~ 1 kg crabs
~ 8 bird eyes chili
~ 2 inch fresh turmeric
~ 1 shallot
~ 1 garlic
~ 1/2 cup thick coconut milk~
~ 2 cups water
~ 1 dried tamarind
~ a handful of pegaga leaves
~ Salt, sugar, msg to taste

Methods:
~ Pound chili, turmeric, salt, shallot and garlic finely
~ In a pot, heat some oil and stir in the pounded mixture until smell arise
~ Pour in water, when boil add in the crabs and coconut milk
~ Boil for 5 minutes, add in the pegaga leaves and dried tamarind
~ Taste with sugar and msg

0 comments:

Post a Comment