Pages

Simple Chicken Rendang



Rendang is a popular dish during hari raya. But I didn't cook any this year. Today I'm craving for it, so I cooked some for lunch. This is my favourite rendang recipe. I don't like much rendang with kerisik as I think it's too heavy. So this is my way of cooking rendang and I think I'll stick to this recipe for now.

Ingredients:
~ Chicken pieces
~ 1 medium onion*
~ 4 garlic cloves*
~ half inch ginger*
~ 1 cm galangal*
~ 4 dried chillies*
~ 1 lemon grass - bruised
~ half cup coconut milk
~ kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
~ turmeric leaves, finely chopped
~ cooking oil
~ salt, sugar, msg

*finely grind

Methods:
1. Heat some oil, fry the blended until fragrant with lemongrass.
2. Add in chicken pieces, cook until all sides brown.
3. Add in coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric leaves, salt, msg and sugar.
4. Add some water if sticky, let everything simmer for 40 minutes.

See, it's very simple. Just in an hour rendang is ready. if using kerisik you need to add another hour to prepare just kerisik.

Taa daafe baad....khodanegahdar


0 comments:

Post a Comment