Pages

Khazanah Watan Scholarship Postgraduates 1st stage

As mentioned before, UTM kindly nominated me for this scholarship. I never dream to apply for the most prestigious scholarship in Malaysia. Maybe its my chance that  this time Khazanah asked university to nominate the candidates not through advertisement. If follow the normal selection process, candidates have to apply by themselves, which means there will be thousands of applications, and definitely most of them are best students from all over Malaysia. And if I applied by myself, I am sure i will not be selected :P

So, I grab this one in a lifetime opportunity and today I went to the first stage of the selection process.Took flight to LCCT, then skybus to KL Sentral. The venue was at Mercu UEM building, Level 7, Odyssey Hall. It was 5 minutes walk from KL Sentral. Supposedly it should started at 2.30 p.m., but a couples of candidates arrived late and it started around 3 p.m. Approximately 20 candidates took the test and actually they expected more than this. Will this means we get better chance to get the scholarship?? In the first stage, its all about IQ test. There are 6 sections. I can't remember what are the names but what I can say is, time is your main constraint! You can go to this link to find more about the sections. The last section need to answer 40 questions in 11 minutes! For me its crazy. So, after 1 and half hour, the test ended. After that they open for Q&A session. At 5, I headed to LCCT again by skybus that I ticket bought online from KL Sentral.

Overall I think I did "good" to the test. I will not put high expectation to the result. They will announce it next week. By the way, I am also waiting for another scholarship that I have applied.

So, this is my journey in getting funding for my PhD studies. I will keep trying because when I believe I can, I will get it..

0 comments:

Post a Comment