Pages

Shahrzad Restaurant Johor Bahru Malaysia: A Review

The day before bff's "big day" he promised to treat me at Shahrzad Restaurant - newly opened Persian restaurant in Johor after his defence. This is our first time there. I heard positive reviews from customers but we hold our desire to go there obliviously because of the price. Well, call us cheapskate, we are students! Or I am a student and bff was a student. LOL. So, thankfully bff passed his oral defence and we kind of celebrated it with good foods - particularly good Persian foods.

So we went there with another friend. It is located at Taman Abad, near KSL City, New York Hotel. It is a housing area..or was a housing area because the restaurant is actually operating in a house, 2-rooms house. Most of houses there have been turned to business premises. The problem that might come is place to park vehicles because there's no special parking area. You need to park your car at the road side and it might be dangerous especially if you come with child.

As we entered the restaurant, I saw the owner of Ariyana Restaurant. I wrote about it previously. Most probably he is one of the owner because Ariyana Restaurant had closed the business. Plus previously I got to know that the owner is another person. So when both of them were there, I guess they share the business. OK. just info. none of my business. :)

The decoration was ok and simple. They had decorated the 2 bedrooms looking like a Arabian-theme tent. There are also tables outdoor for those who want to have shisha. The feeling was like entering someone's house. We sat inside and we had to talk slowly as if others can hear our conversation. It is really like a house. I think if they put music or tv it is better and we will feel more comfortable. They did played violin-music I think at the back but yeah, it was so soft. Maybe that is the way the owner want customer to experience. I dont know.

What we ordered:
Welcome free starter. Same like PG Art Cafe

Kashk-e-bademjan RM12

Shah Kabab RM34 or 35 not sure
As i mentioned before I am not a fan of jujeh kabab. But since they did not have jujeh kabab with ustukhun (with bones), I took this. And surprised!! I like it. Succulent and juicy. Marinated with mayonnaise. Not sour.


Kabab Koobideh RM34 or 35 not sure.
I tasted a little. But I dont like it. As usual, I dont like any kabab koobideh. Sent me to the best restaurant also I guarantee I wont like it. I dont know what bff's opinion but I looked he cleared everything. :P
Beverages we took nushabeh (coke) RM3 and doogh i forgot the price.

My verdict:
1. Food taste delicious. Authentic Persian taste. Real kabob.
2. Generous portion. I bloated after half of meal.
3. Good hospitality.
4. Nice ambiance. Clean. Calm.
But....
5. The price is too expensive (for me) that I have no second thought of going there again (for the mean time). Mind that they charge 16% tax also.

So guys..if you are in JB, don't forget to try their foods. I heard the chef was previously worked at Dubai, hence some Arabic foods.

Khoda negahdar..

1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

These looks absolutely YUMMY!

Dining Zion National Park

Post a Comment