Pages

Tomato Rice Arab Persian Fusion style

Did I mentioned on previous entry that I want to eat tahdig? Today I made this recipe which I "fusionized" it by mixing recipe of kabsah rice and tomato rice with potato tahdig. The methods combining both arab and persian style with a kick of malay taste. That is why I named it Fusion Style.  I wanted to make salad shirazi but I remember that mak didn't like it. Instead I made acar timun and paru sambal as side dishes.

Ingredients:
~ 2 cups of rice. Soak in salt water for about 1 hour.
~ Chicken pieces
~ 1 large tomato, diced
~ 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
~ 1 tspn cumin powder*
~ 1 tspn coriander powder*
~ 1 tspn cinnamon powder*
~ 1 tspn turmeric powder*
~ 1 large onion, diced
~ 3 garlic cloves, minced
~ Water
~ Salt*
~ Cooking oil
~ Coriander leaves and spring onion for garnish
~ Potato slice for tahdig

Methods:
1. Marinate chicken with * for 30 minutes. 
2. Boil rice until al dente, the first method to make persian rice. Drain. Put aside.
3. In another pan, heat some oil, fry onion and garlic until translucent. 
4. Add in  the marinated chicken, sear until all sides brown.
5. Add in tomato and ketchup, stir for 5 minutes, pour some water, covering the chicken, simmer for 1 hour or until the meat tender and the sauce thickened. 
6. In a pot, cover the bottom with some oil, place the potato slices.
7. Layer rice and chicken mixture until finish. Simmer with low heat for 1 hour.
8. To serve, garnish with coriander leaves and spring onion. 

My mom's verdict:
Me: Sedap tak mak? (Is it delicous mom?)
Mak: Tinggal makan ye sedap. (It's delicious when others prepared)
Aiseh mak...cakap lah sedapnyeeeeeee ;-P

Ta daafe baad...farda rooze sevom roze...27 rooz mundeh..khoda negahdar




0 comments:

Post a Comment