Pages

Raya Cookies: Rolled Pineapple Tart



Tat nenas gulung (in Malay) is one of my favorite hari raya cookies. Every year without fail I made this cookies. Normally I will make everything from scratch including the pineapple jam. Mak planted many pineapple trees around house. But, this year I bought the ready made pineapple jam from bakery shop since I have limited time lately. Making pineapple jam would really take hours and patience which I don't have now :-P.

Because of the store bought pineapple jam, this time I had to bake the tart in two batch since the amount of the jam is a lot. Yesterday I've done the first batch and tonight I finished the second which end up around 150 pieces of tarts. Sounds too many but I am sure it's not enough for this house's guests. Maybe on the 4th day of hari raya all will gone. On the first week of hari raya usually there are extremely many guests will come to my house just because of one attraction, pecal. Oh, i'll tell on other post about that. For now, let's check out the recipe for my pineapple tart.

Ingredients:
~ 250g butter
~ 2 tbsp castor sugar
~ 2 tbsp ghee (for aroma)
~ 1 egg yolk
~ 1 tbsp custard flour*
~ half cup corn starch*
~ 3 1/4 cup flour*
~ a pinch of salt
~ Pineapple jam
~ 1 egg yolk**
~ A drop of yellow artificial color**
~ 1 tbsp water**

Methods:
1. Sieve all * ingredients
2. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy/white color.
3. Add in ghee, egg yolk and salt, continue beating.
4. Add in sieved flour little by little until the mixture become a dough.
5. To assemble, using a mold for pineapple tart or in  my case I used mold for kuih semperit, put in the filling of pineapple jam that has been rolled into round balls, place in baking tray and rub some **ingredients to get a wonderful golden yellow tart.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, 180 degree celcius. 

Done! Aromatic, soft, melt in mouth pineapple tart. 

Taa daafe baad ba shirini ye dige..khoda hafez!!




4 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply]

wowwwwwwwwww-midooni esme ina chie? bamiyeh-zoolbia bamiyeh ke irani ha to ramadhan eftar mikhoran-baladi dorost koni?

Unknown said... [Reply]

vaay aliye-khodet dorost mikoni ?

ChiliandSaffron said... [Reply]

@Shayan Masoomi midunam bamieh va zulbia. doros kardam. vali in shirini chizi dige. type cookies hast. hatman emtehan koni. khoshmazeh:)

ChiliandSaffron said... [Reply]

@Shayan Masoomi bale man doros kardam.

Post a Comment